Ram Gopal Varma Blog #112. My Reactions to Reactions.

Hi, Kishan, 15 years back I read in the foreword of a Stephen King novel where he mentioned that when he gave the manuscript of that novel to his daughter before publication, after finishing reading she apparently said that she liked it so much that she feared that it will end… I doubt anybody’s work can ever get a greater compliment than that… After all these years you said the same words in the context of what you feel about the writings in my blog… I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with your compliment. Thanks.

1. Can you tell us how you thought of the effect of Chander and Bhiku being shot so suddenly in Satya?

Ans: In real life death happens as suddenly as that.

2. Why don’t you revolutionize cinema?

Ans: Hello! I just want to have damn good fun making movies. If I get into lofty objectives like trying to revolutionize cinema the box office will revolutionize me.

3. Why do you keep on saying “I am on top of life”?

Ans: I don’t know that, but I suspect that you are at the bottom of life for asking me this question.

4. Is it because you are scared that you don’t take sides with wrong or right?

Ans: No, it’s because I am wise.

5. Do you know that your blog is changing lot of people sometimes negative and sometimes positive?

Ans: If it’s really doing that it is pretty much true for everything in life.

6. You cannot deny that the most satisfying thing in life is the love of your beloved.

Ans: Well, that depends on the beloved. Many times beloveds can become quite irritating.

7. How do we unlearn or override our programming?

Ans: By sincerely trying to understand what the fault in our programming is and where it lies. All of us pretty much know everything by instinct and from then on the whole process of acquiring wisdom in life is nothing but unlearning the learning thrust upon us by society, religion etc. All our lives we just struggle between what we want to do and what we have to do. The simple solution for this is to do things only what you want to do and not compromise on that for anybody’s sake and also truly understand why you should not feel guilty about it.

8. How did you do the watchman’s head twist in Bhoot?

Ans: Computer graphics.

9. I think you are just wanting us to feel jealous and I don’t think you enjoy life as much as you say.

Ans: You can go ahead and believe in whatever gives you enjoyment. The point here is not about whether I enjoy but it’s about whether it’s relevant to you what I say I enjoy.

10. Your brutally sarcastic reactions either will make the bloggers swear never to come back or they become your biggest fans.

Ans: Well, I equally love to be hated and loved. What scares me is to bore you all.

11. How did you do that theatre scene in “Raat”?

Ans: After establishing the crowd in the theatre in a wide shot I zoomed into Revathy and asked the crowd to run out of the frame. So when I zoomed out again the theatre was empty.

12. Why are you so funny here and so serious on TV?

Ans: Anything I say obviously depends on that particular context. Also on TV I am being filtered through the editorial intelligence of the channel people whereas here I can let loose my stupidity in all its glory.

13. What is the difference between Ramgopal Varma, RGV and Ramu?

Ans: Ramu is real and Ramgopal Varma is a perception and RGV was coined by the media to save space and typing efforts.

14. Where would your intelligence have come from if not for Ayn Rand and Nietzsche?

Ans: It’s not only from Rand and Nietzsche that I procured knowledge, and also it’s only knowledge which comes from an outside source and not intelligence. Knowledge is pretty much out there available for anyone passionate enough to desire it. But most people prefer the darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge.

“Ah! That I were dark and nightly! How I would suck at the breasts of light.”- Friedrich Nietzsche.


15. How can you tell if someone is really appreciating you or has a hidden agenda?

Ans: Either way it does not matter to me, I exactly know what I am and if someone praises me more than what I think I am, he is a fool and if someone criticizes me more than what I think I deserve he also is a fool. On the other hand if someone has an agenda and if he gains something from me I will admire him. Anyway I should be the last person to complain on that because my entire career I have built up by only having agendas.

16. Some of your reactions are like children giving it back.

Ans: That’s because inspite of growing into an adult I never let go of the instinctive intelligence and the animalistic joys of a child. If you really think about it the only additional good things you get from growing up to an adult from being a child is sex and power. The rest of adulthood is a pain, man!

17. Do you yourself really reply on this blog?

Ans: Just read the thoughts and decide if it’s worth spending your time on the blog. How does it matter whether its RGV writing or SGV writing?

18. Since everything about you, your movies and sense of humour are dark, does that extend to your choice of women too?

Ans: No, I like them in all colours.

19. You are a combination of a thinker, literate, criminal, crude and rude man.

Ans: You can add selfish, egoistic, megalomaniacal, inconsistent, untrustworthy to that list too.

20. I hate you.

Ans: To hate someone is as stupid as to love someone.

21. Your theory of you successfully countering the decisions of life is an overstatement.

Ans: Hello, I didn’t use the word successful. I said I constantly keep making decisions irrespective of their consequences.

22. Kindly distinguish between genuine fans and weirdos.

Ans: Ok weirdo.

23. What will you do if you have to choose between films and sex?

Ans: They are not mutually interchangeable to me because I fuck films, make love to women and have sex on this blog.

P.S; There is either a deeply profound philosophy hidden in this above answer of mine or its just gibberish I wrote for effect. Figure it out for yourself.


24. How can you say truth depends on perception? An apple is an apple which looks like an apple and tastes like an apple.

Ans: But an apple is not an apple for a worm inside it because it can’t look at it, and how do you know how an apple tastes to a worm. Come on, smarty! Answer that!

P.S; Will elaborate on this seriously some other time and Shalini, No….. I did not miss you not being here.