Ram Gopal Varma Blog #111. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. Do you keep changing your directorial approach like for instance, post Naach till Sarkar Raj I see a difference?
Ans: Directorial approach largely depends on the theme of the film and the characters I am dealing with.

2. In Sarkar how were the killings of Selvar Mani, Vishram and Rashid countsructed?
Ans: In real life death comes as unexpected and as random as that.

3. I just hope youngsters don’t start believing in your theories and get carried away.
Ans: I hope they will as then they will get carried over. Anyway I think nobody believes in anything or anyone. They will just hold on to one belief system or the other at different stages and phases of their lives very much like a ship anchoring at different places in the course of its travel.

“You say you found me, but until you find yourself you can’t find me, and the day you truly find yourself you will remain yourself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche (Thus Spake Zarathustra)

4. How did Satya an engg student become a doctor?
Ans: I never said we were classmates or college mates in engineering. We were both in Siddhartha College at Vijayawada. She a student in Siddhartha Medical College and me in Siddhartha Engg. College and those days they both operated from the same compound.

5. Why do you think getting rid of conscience is godly?
Ans: I believe that our life is nothing but a conflict between wanting to and having to and in between lies the conscience. So if you get rid of your conscience you can live a life as pure as that of an animal.

6. Can you elaborate on the “dog dying in South Africa” (referring to Mohan Krishna’s mail on your blog)?
Ans: I will soon write a piece on that.

7. I have an idea for Sarkar III; how Subash Nagre started his life as an immigrant labourer and then became a union leader and then a political power. Abhishek can play the young Sarkar. What say?
Ans: Nothing.

8. Do you look down on people who oppose your thoughts?
Ans: On the contrary I enjoy them as I am fascinated with the amazingly different point of views.

9. You said “I had a fear of rejection from Satya”. Did you have the same fear of rejection from the audience about your first film?
Ans: I never feared the audience as they are just nameless and faceless individuals whereas Satya is an individual I loved and hence feared.

10. Dumbo, if it’s just to impress Satya why didn’t you just write a cute love story?
Ans: Double dumbo, it’s because at that time love stories were around plenty and I thought this article will be unique. I just didn’t realize that there are people like you and Satya also in this world, and yes, that was my triple dumbness.