Ram Gopal Varma Blog #107. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. Is it your impatience that makes you work so fast?
Ans: No, it’s my fear that I will not have enough time to be able to make all the films I want to make before I die.

2. I think you are using your blog to publicize yourself and your films?
Ans: Of course yes! You thought I was here for my love for you or what?

3. I give you 3.5/5.
Ans: And I give 0/5 for your opinions.

4. Why don’t you open a film school?
Ans: The concept of film schools in today’s time is a big sham. In the olden days there was no access to film tools like camera, etc. Today anybody with a digicamera and a laptop can make a film. And as per the institute having film archives, every corner dvd store has more films than them. Further more filmmaking is an expressionist art and I don’t believe that it can be taught.

5. What school did you attend?
Ans: St.Marys High School, Secunderabad.

6. How much was your remuneration for Shiva?
Ans: The sum total of whatever I earned till today and whatever I will ever earn.

7. You have won my respect with Jana Gana Mana Rann song. After 17 years I will step into the theatre to watch this film.
Ans: Oh great, I will arrange a band for your welcome.

8. I liked that scene in Shiva where the mother of the dead friend slaps the Police Inspector. How did you conceive that great scene?
Ans: I copied it from “JAWS”. The mother of the boy killed slaps the Police Chief for not forewarning the tourists about the shark.

9. I think during your early stages your movies had sensible music.
Ans: And I think during your late stages you lost your sensibility of music.

10. I want to make a film on you.
Ans: Just remove “Ki Aag” from “Ramgopalvarma Ki Aag”.
P.S: Ok… Ok… Ok… I know that this was a dumb answer but I could not think of something better.

11. You don’t comment from your heart, you just want to make them interesting and you want to show off.
Ans: Yes. Yes. Yes. So?
12. People who are close to you and bear your attitude must be either thick-skinned or blissfully ignorant of your sarcasm.
Ans: Or they could be smarter than you.

13. How do you differentiate between right and wrong?
Ans: Very simple. What I do is right and what others do is wrong.

14. You think you are extra smart, don’t you?
Ans: Yyyyyeesssssss!

15. Someone told me that Rakta Charitra’s script is someone else’s.
Ans: I don’t have a copyright ownership of Paritala Ravi’s story. Anyone is welcome to make a film on him from their own interpretation.

16. What is the best compliment for your blog?
Ans: Someone here said that the only thing he does in office is to watch a yummy girl in there or read my blog, which basically means he is saying that my blog is the next best thing after sex. Ahhhhh!

17. Surya fits the bill, but still not convinced about Vivek.
Ans: Sleep on it.

18. What’s your take on violence v/s non-violence?
Ans: Well, violence for sure is more entertaining.

19. Is Agyaat inspired from Predator?
Ans: Yes and from many more in that genre.

20. What is sad is that you think that you are Gail Wynand fighting Toohey’s like me.
Ans: What is even more sad is your half-baked understanding of Ayn Rand.

21. I think you are the most sensitive guy than anyone.
Ans: Well, my mom and my girl friend think the same. They think I just hide my sensitivity under my seemingly tough guy image. But I think they think that because they are too scared to think otherwise.

22. A person like you cannot be as soul less as in your reactions to reactions.
Ans: Did you ever hear of something called sense of humour?