Ram Gopal Varma Blog #101. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. My girl friend says you are a softie at heart.

Ans: Hmmm! Well! Err! Am blushing… please tell her not to tell this to anyone and let my secret out please…

2. The Agyaat song has just 2 layers. It needs atleast 3 layers to complete it.

Ans: Pardon me Sir but I have no knowledge of the layeral aspect of songs and neither do I wish to know, so I please request you to not jump forward to educate me on the same now.

3. I started enjoying you ridiculing even my own comments.

Ans: Attaboy. That’s the point of life. My gyan to you is not to take anything seriously especially yourself.

4. Why do you keep tough faces for all your characters?

Ans: Because I love tough guys.

5. The line you attributed to Bruce Lee in “Enter the Dragon” was from Zen Buddha’s scriptures.

Ans: The point was not about the origin but about where I heard it. For all I know the Zen guy could have got it from his cook.

6. You are still a kid.

Ans: If you say so, Uncle.

7. Do you find it paradoxical that sex which can be such a pleasure requires a woman who can be such a torture?

Ans: Ahhhhh! You are telling meeeeeeee maaaaaaaaaan!

8. Why is it that you keep coming back to the same genre of movies?

Ans: Atleast I keep returning to my roots. Most other filmmakers don’t even leave their roots.

9. Do write a scary story.

Ans: Ok, here goes my one line scary story…. I am remaking Aag.

10. If you are happy about the movies you are making, you are making a fool of yourself.

Ans: And if you think you are happy about you thinking I am happy about thinking what you are thinking of what I am thinking then you are making a double fool of yourself.

11. Your arrogance is revolting. Someone should beat you with a stick to tame you.

Ans: My mom, my sister and my girlfriend think the same.

12. How do you manage time?

Ans: By not wearing a watch.

13. The title of Rakta Charitra is not good. It does not have shock value. People won’t come to watch a movie with that title.

Ans: Ok, Mr.Expert, how about blessing us with your creative genius and gift a title.

14. How do you balance between existentialist philosophies and material life which you are enjoying in a full fledge style?

Ans: Like I said somewhere on this blog, I believe that we are born in the morning and die in the night. So thinking beyond the moment we are living, I think is a futile exercise. Vodka and sex are realities for me, and films and philosophies are dreams.