Ram Gopal Varma Blog #187. My Reactions to Reactions

1. You are too frank Ramu, and you have some comic sense too.
Ans: Oh Grrreattttt! I never realized it till now. It’s so fantaaaastic that you have made this brilliant observation. Thank you sooooo much for this enlightenment.

2. When are you planning to write your autobiography?
Ans: What do you think I am doing on this blog?

3. I think you are not intelligent but the world around is foolish enough to make you look intelligent.
Ans: I think you are a fool but the world of your own foolish thoughts is making you feel that you are intelligent.

4. Is there a change in your personality after each movie of yours?
Ans: I would say that I definitely change to some degree as a person due to my experiences in the course of that film but my personality always remains the same because at the core I am an immensely selfish person and I will never change for the better.

5. Thank you for all the gyan, Ramu.
Ans: Thank you for bearing with the same, Sonia.

6. Now you are showing your true colours. Why preach what you cannot follow? You pretend to be Harshwardhan Mallik but you are a Naveen Shankalya.
Ans: Helloooooo! Please don’t insult Naveen. He is much more of an idol for me than Harshwardhan is and I aspire to be like Naveen.

Seriously your observations are the funniest stupidiotics I read in a long time.

7. How are you able to cope up with the nuisance value of the comments section?
Ans: Oh my! Thank you so much that atleast you understand what I am going through. I want to put my head on your shoulder and cry for the torture and trauma that I go through due to most of the comments here of an absolute neurotic bunch who are completely so amazingly clueless about themselves and then they think they know everything in the world. I would have gone insane if not for the few sane minds in here, some definitely far more saner than me. An interaction with just 5% of the bloggers here is worth my time and effort for the 95% of torture time I go through.

8. Big B’s and Aamir’s blog visitors just wish them and go away whereas in your blog the visitors seem to belong to all kinds of weird neurophrenic categories. Why?
Ans: Maybe weirdos attract weirdos, the weirdest weirdo being me.

9. How do you compare Avatar and Hurt Locker?
Ans: When I saw Avatar I understood that it needs great imagination and when I saw Hurt Locker I could not understand how anyone could have such great imagination.

10. The mind that persistently looks at a problem usually cracks it.
Ans: Or alternatively the mind will get cracked.

11. How can you not know how to call the shot if you spent time on the sets of Raogiri Illu”?
Ans: Dumbo, I was talking about “performance anxiety” and not my knowledge  and before you ask me about Gopal Reddy’s “Order Sir” that was his style which I was unaware of.

12. The Assistant to Assistant article is hilarious. I wish you would have written more.
Ans: Will.

13. What’s the story behind the Govinda Govinda robbery scene?
Ans: When they saw the full version two chorus singers during the recording of the background score fainted. The Censors have cut about 70% from the original cut of that sequence.

14. How did you shoot the apple scene in Aag?
Ans: It was shot with a specially designed rig where the camera is attached to a vertical slide and it was manually moved up and down along with Bachchan’s apple by my cameraman Amit Roy. Incidentally I think it’s one of my most innovatively designed shots and because of the film it just went completely unnoticed. But me and Amit want to kiss you for noticing that shot. Mmmmmmmmmuah!

15. Can I be a director if I am a very good judge and can explain things very creatively?
Ans: Directing is not about judging and explaining. It’s about directing judgements and explanations.

16. What most filmmakers problem is a failure to communicate.
Ans: Yes and we don’t realize it till the expression is already out.

17. Your marketing tricks are not going to make Phoonk 2 run. It is going to be a flop.
Ans: May the devil grant your wish… Amen.

18. How is that you can make classics like Company and then hells like Aag?
Ans: Arrey Bhagwan Shaitan Jesus and Mary. How many millions of times do I have to tell that I just make films and they themselves become whatever they become?

19. Is it true what scientists say that we as human beings don’t use even 2% of our brains?
Ans: I don’t know about that. But I think most of the bloggers here only use 0.000002% and I think the guy who asked question no.18 uses 0.000001%.

20. I read Ayn Rand’s Comprachios and was moved to tears. How do I deprogramme myself?
Ans: By practicing her teachings.

21. 3000 Americans died on 9/11 and lakhs in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why is an American’s life more important than an Afghan’s?
Ans: The same way a Mumbai guy’s life would be more important than a guy from Orissa or Chattisgarh. We always give more importance to the haves and happening places.

22. I like you words “Naa chaavu nenu chastanu” (I will die my own death).
Ans: That’s the sum total of my philosophy, Maria. It’s my very simplistic way of putting my entire understanding of Ayn Rand’s objectivism “I will live for myself and I will never ask anyone else to live for me”.

23. Don’t you think blogging will make you vulnerable? We now know so much about you that we will be able to predict your stories now?
Ans: That’s a mighty interesting observation, Ranganath. I think you are absolutely bang on but I also think it might make them see my work in a different perspective since they now know enough about me which also could be interesting.

24. Editors are so important for a film as they are the ones who put a film together, so how come they are paid far less than actors?
Ans: Money is never paid for work. It’s paid for getting people into the theatre. Everybody asks about the film “who is in it?” and never “who is the editor?”.

25. How can you read so many inane comments while giving your reactions?
Ans: In the first 2 lines if it doesn’t catch my interest I skip the comment.

26. Do you ever make resolutions?
Ans: I make them each and every morning and I break them by lunch time.

27. When is Rakta Charitra coming out?
Ans: July/August. Am posting some character look pictures of Suriya from Rakta Charitra in here.