Ram Gopal Varma Blog #105. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. I think you lack a filter between your thoughts and words.
Ans: I prefer not having a filter than having a clogged filter like yours.2. You are a con artiste and not even a good one. Only Rangeela and Satya are the 2 good movies you made and the rest are crap. In 2 years your luck will run out. Ans: Okey dokey. Text after 2 years.

3. How did you do the sound design for Shiva? It was so effective.
Ans: For any film whether it is sound design or background music or camera work, all of them depend on how effective the scene content and the edit is, apart from how seriously the Director is taking the film. There is no such thing as a specific sound design.

4. I will see “Rifle” first day first show.
Ans: Done and if you look around in the theatre you might find me too.

5. My girlfriend is so jealous that she shut my laptop when I was reading about ‘Rifle’.
Ans: Too bad that she can’t shut your mind from thinking about ‘Rifle’.

6. Your grammar is wrong in saying most sexiest. Either it should be most sexy or sexiest woman.
Ans: Teacher, you need to understand that an enlightened soul like me places more importance on the psychological aspect than on grammatical correctness. Like for example; there’s a much higher chance of a girl falling for me by me telling her “You are the most fantabulously mindblowable awesomic sexualistic creature I have ever seen” than you telling her “I think you are the most sexy woman”.

7. Have you ever heard of ‘meaningful cinema’?
Ans: Ya, I know that it’s quite a dangerous disease. Lots of film institute guys get infected by it.

8. Ramu, I think your tough guy image is just a pretence.
Ans: Shalini, most girls who know me say the same about me and they seem to love me for that. Now my question is why would a girl love a guy who is not tough? You see, I developed my tough guy image on the basis of a million year old belief of mine that men should be tough and women should be sexy.

9. When it comes to entertaining nothing can beat your blog.
Ans: Ahhhh! Finally one unadulterated compliment! Thanks.

10. In ‘Deyyam’ how did you do that scene when the man’s feet are facing backward?
Ans: I got his feet buried in the sand and placed an artificial feet facing backward around his ankle.

11. How did you come up with the cycle chase scene in Shiva?
Ans: I copied it from Rahul Rawail’s and Sunny Deol’s “Arjun”.

12. What happens at the end of Agyaat and don’t give me crap answer?
Ans: “The end” comes at the end of Agyaat and don’t ask me crap questions.

13. Does Agyaat have elements of Gumnaam?
Ans: Yes and also elements of Predator, Alien, Blairwitch Project, Raat, Bhoot, Phoonk and 5 Ramsay Brother’s films and 7 Zee Horror Show episodes.

14. I think the reason you are fascinated with criminals is because of their ability to break the social taboo of not being scared to be selfish.
Ans: Not really. My understanding of a criminal is that he is a child who refuses to grow up. This is in the sense that when we are born we all pretty much think that we are the centre of the universe because of the attention everyone gives us. In time we slowly realize that we are just one among millions and kind of adapt to our designated place in society and revolve along with the world, whereas a criminal still wants the world to revolve around him. It is this psychological aspect I am fascinated with.

15. Do you really have the guts to say “I lust you” to a woman rather than “I love you’?
Ans: Many a time I told a woman ‘I lust you” with more intensity than most men would have said “I love you” and the women fell in love with me for the honesty behind my lust.

16. Make a movie only if you have something interesting to tell.
Ans: I always do that, my friend. But the problem is that many times the audience is not interested to listen.

17. I have a story which can be a potential Hollywood movie. Are you interested?
Ans: I think you got the wrong blog. Try Spielberg’s.

18. You are a crazy man… ultimately crazy.
Ans: When did I say no?

19. I think you enjoyed life a lott… Isn’t it?
Ans: Yes. Much more than any of you can ever imagine. I did, I am and I will.

20. Why don’t you try to find Rifle now?
Ans: Hello! She will be above 40 now. At that time I was in a danger of being beaten up by her husband and now I probably would be beaten up by her sons. Thanks!