Ram Gopal Varma Blog #79. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. Since both you and Rahman came together to Bollywood through Rangeela do you think you have been as successful as him?
Ans: No, because he has never done any bad work unlike me. His music might not have worked some times due to various reasons but he has never done bad music whereas in my case I have done many bad films some of which worked due to various reasons.

2. How come you always come up with a title even before the film starts?
Ans: I make my films because of the title.

3. Are you your biggest fan?
Ans: No. I have multiple personalities within me which range from being intelligent to dumb to funny to intense and quite a few of them suffer from disorders.

4. Are you Ganesha or Karthika?
Ans: I am more closer to a Rakshasa.

5. ‘Zahreela Pyar’ song in “Daud” is an eternal composition.
Ans: Very true and I hate myself for screwing up that song by putting it in a wrong film.

6. How come you don’t go to any award functions?
Ans: I don’t believe in the concept of awards and as entertaining events I have better choices than them. Soon I will write my bit on Awards.

7. Why do we feel so bad when there is no RGV movie playing at the theatres?
Ans: Maybe because you then would not know where to spew your venom.

8. What happened to the boy in Satya who runs all over with a Police siren on his head in the Goli Maar song?
Ans: He was my assistant director named Sabir. To my knowledge he left films since and is dabbling in stock market.

9. BTW, I have recommended your blog to my GRE friends.
Ans: Am I supposed to touch your feet for that?

10. Atleast your films don’t have vulgarity, double meaning dialogue, artificial sequences, rapes etc.
Ans: Yes, I know I am lacking.

11. Do you mean to say that any person with a good sense of imagination can be a director?
Ans: The only thing you need is that.

12. My Dad thinks it’s stupid to throw away my medical career and go for an unsuitable career in films.
Ans: My Dad thought the same too and see who had the last laugh. That apart my father could have been right too but the point of life is to live it the way you want and for that you need to dare to face the consequences of your decisions. I personally would rather die than not live life the way I want to.

13. Is intelligence possible without compassion and love?
Ans: No.

14. How was the comic scene “Kya Karen” in Sarkar Raj between Vora and Kanga come about?
Ans: I copied it from “Jungle Book” where in a scene three vultures debate sitting on a branch “What do you want to do?”

15. Describe RGV in one word.
Ans: Yummy!

16. God is dead – Nietzsche.
Ans: Nietzsche is dead – God.