Ram Gopal Varma Blog #58. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. Your comment on men in two words?
Ans: No need for words. I don’t think of them.

2. When you admire highly intellectual women like Ayn Rand how can you be obsessed with voluptuous women?
Ans: Hello I don’t admire each of them for the same reason.

3. Is there anyone you are jealous of?
Ans: Yes I am jealous of people who want to make films but never get to make them and so they can’t get bitched and they just end up bitching others films.

Case in point: My biggest regret about AAG is that by being the butt of it I didn’t get to fuck it.

4. Are atheist’s people who want to be their own Gods?
Ans: Now that you mentioned it I think you are bang on. I surely want to be my own God.

5. After I told you to keep working with Bachchan you cast him in RANN. Looks like my prayers got answered.
Ans: Ya I wouldn’t have if you didn’t tell me. Man! And I thought I was egoistic.

6. Do you go with your editor and cut the scene or do you cut him from your team?
Ans: I cut anyone and anything if it comes in my way of life.

7. What is right and what is wrong?
Ans: What you can get away with is right and what you can’t is wrong. The things which will affect and influence that is religion, morality, social standards and the law.

8. Do you believe in destiny?
Ans: Anything which I can’t control I will call it destiny. But for the same reason that I can’t control it I don’t waste my time and energy thinking about it.

9. Instead of using ‘Truth is Terrible’, use ‘Truth can be Terrible’.
Ans: Superb. I will change it ASAP.

10. Would you ever remake the Good, Bad and Ugly?
Ans: All my movies range between Good, Bad and Ugly.

11. If every one thinks like you in this world do you think it will be better?
Ans: It will be screwed. I am the chaos which rises out of the order.

12. You think like this because you are successful.
Ans: I am successful because I think like this.

13. Why do your fans like you even when you are so frank and rude to them?
Ans: Because deep inside they are frank and rude too and hence they connect.

14. What is that you find most sexually attractive in women?
Ans: Every inch.

15. Do you reveal your naked soul in every movie of yours?
Ans: Most of the time I make them to cover it up.

16. Is wealth the product of man’s capacity to think?
Ans: It’s to do with implementing the thinking.

17. Fuck all the media people in ‘RANN’.
Ans: I am choosy in that department.

18. Can anyone invite death without a moment of rejection?
Ans: Well, many terrorists seem to do it.

19. Does the word compassion mean anything to you?
Ans: Lot.

20. Your hits lead to flops and the flops lead to hits.
Ans: My life’s a cycle. The wheel goes up and down but the cycle moves forward.

21. We hear the background score and feel the intensity. How do you feel it while shooting?
Ans: I hear it in my mind before I start shooting.

22. Is publicity and marketing essential irrespective of director’s belief?
Ans: Belief is to do with the content whereas the other two are for creating awareness and state of mind.

23. What is the logic behind sequels?
Ans: To have fun again.

24. Do you fear death?
Ans: No. But I love life too much.

25. How many projects have you shelved?
Ans: I am curious to know how this piece of information can alter your life.

26. Why are your male extras horrible and female extras sexy?
Ans: Guess.

27. If Satya was an atheist and intelligent how come he gets attracted to something like marriage?
Ans: Because women are more attractive and powerful than atheism and logic.

28. Are you a psycho?
Ans: Hmmm!

29. People say you are a bad paymaster.
Ans: They also say I have no money. If I am not having and not paying where is the money going?

30. Your line “I want money to make movies and I don’t make movies for money” is similar to Sarkar Raj line “Plant ke liye paisa chahiye, paise ke liye plant nahin”.
Ans: The origin is Howard Roark’s line from the Fountainhead. ‘I want clients so that I can build. I don’t build so that I can have clients’.

31. How can a clever person like you fare badly in studies?
Ans: Because I was clever enough to realize that studies are not for me and watched movies instead.

32. Though most of us admire Howard Roark we end up as Peter Keatings.
Ans: Don’t worry! Once Howard Roark has a wife, a family, has to pay taxes, gets stuck in traffic jams etc he will become Peter Keating faster than us.

33. I don’t think you are eccentric, just emotionally intense and complex.
Ans: If you promise not to tell anybody, I am also a very nice guy.

34. I think you are a true atheist. Will you write something for my book?
Ans: Sure.

35. I find your post of “Point of Money” boring.
Ans: Ok kiddo go to sleep now.