Ram Gopal Varma Blog #54. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. At best you are an imitator.
Ans: Ahhh! For figuring this out you are definitely a creator.

2. Do you think 2 people living in two different parts of the country will react differently to the same movie/scene?
Ans: I think many times the same person will react differently if he happens to see the same movie/scene twice.

3. In Sarkar when Chander instructs his people to beat up the guy, it feels like a carpenter is instructing his workers.
Ans: That is precisely the brief I gave to the actor who played Chander.

4. The audience does not care about shot divisions, camera angles and other technical stuff. It’s only the narration they connect to.
Ans: You are absolutely right in a certain sense. But then it can’t be as simple as the writer sitting in the theatre and narrating the story to the people. Technique in cinema when done right should be inseparable from narration.

5. Do you copy Hitchcock?
Ans: Among many others.

6. Is it ok to say sorry when we do something wrong.
Ans: Yes. But it’s even better to stubbornly insist that we were right so that the person you said sorry to won’t sit on your head.

7. Every time negative tactics don’t work.
Ans: Okay Mr.Socrates.

8. Is it my problem if I have higher expectations from you?
Ans: It will be a problem for you if you have expectations from anyone including your family, your government and also God. The secret of a happy life is not to have expectations from anybody except yourself.

9. How many times do you pause a movie and think of how that scene/dialogue will be useful for you?
Ans: All the time.

10. Did you hear of Philanthropy?
Ans: Ya I did. It is some disease of the head.

11. What do you think of after-life?
Ans: I don’t have the time to think of tomorrow. I take life one minute at a time.

12. What do you call a guy who wants to marry again after once divorcing?
Ans: Double dumb.

13. Why did you choose Nietzsche to be influenced?
Ans: Because his quotes are vague enough so that I can use them to twist my philosophy around at my will and convenience.

14. Nice songs, few comedy scenes, few emotional scenes, make a film perfect for all types of audiences.
Ans: I make for my type.

15. Very interesting cast. The hard work should start now. I have the following suggestions.
Ans: I read all your inputs and suggestions and I had a great idea. I think you only should come and direct.

16. Hope the plot of Rann is as great as the cast.
Ans: And I hope that you are not as worse as your hope.

17. Someone should make something like Mackenna’s Gold.
Ans: That’s my dream.

18. Your Rann’s topic won’t be appealing to most Indians.
Ans: Oh Mr.Representative of India I didn’t think of that. Thank you very much for this slice of wisdom.

19. I hope you will recover your money on Rann.
Ans: Better you worry about your own money, if you have any in the first place.

20. Try to keep away from crazy camera angles extreme close-ups etc. If you tell me who will give BGM and D.O.P for your movie I will tell you whether it will work or not.
Ans: If you tell me who is the worst BGM guy and D.O.P I will go ahead and sign only them.

21. I wish you a very very happy and prosperous Diwali.
Ans: Am just curious about if you really think that any of the forces out there who can give me happiness and prosperity will give a fuck about your wishes.