Ram Gopal Varma Blog #33. My Reactions to Reactions.

1. You should make a special appearance in your film.

Ans: I know I don’t look good. But what you have suggested me to play…… Well it hurt me. I hope my girl friends won’t read what you wrote.

2. Why did you highlight the artifacts in Phoonk?

Ans: If I have to explain that, the purpose was lost.

3. Who killed the new contractor in Phoonk?

Ans: I am not sure but it could be the crow or maybe it’s the Nimboo. You never know in these kinds of films.

4. Lately you seem to be a bit mellowed down.

Ans: You must be crazier than me. I think many concerned people are about to lock me up for my craziness.

5. I have not seen Khamosh Pani, but Maqbool is a good movie.

Ans: Hello! I was not talking about their merit. Read my piece again and this time take the help of someone who has better brains.

6. How was the shot taken in Phoonk when the camera revolves around the girl as she is going to school?

Ans: With a sagway attachment to the steadicam. It is a battery driven two-wheel vehicle which allows the cameraman to stand and travel on it holding the steadicam.

7. Do you hate the people who like you or do you like the people who hate you?

Ans: Like is not the right word. I definitely am more interested in people who hate me than the people who like me. Because from the people who hate me I can learn or unlearn something whereas the people who like me I take them for granted.

8. What is your view on human relationships?

Ans: They are need-based.

9. Success lies in telling a complete story in an entertaining way.

Ans: Ho–Hum!

10. Your post is very confusing.

Ans: Wait a few years and try reading again.

11. If Thakur’s family is your films, you cannot be Gabbar as they both are staunch enemies.

Ans: Hello, I meant that in the analogy of that scene. If you can’t get it, get someone’s help to make you understand.

12. Your talk on love and saying love only sometimes gives good sex leaves no room for other relationships.

Ans: Try to know a joke when you see it. Secondly I believe that true love can only exist with a child or a dog as in both cases the receiving party won’t expect more than a cuddle or pat or a sweet. In the case of adults, well…

13. Indifference is worse than being hated.

Ans: Thanks for reminding. After reading your post I am indifferent to you.

14. In Phoonk why did Madhu perform black magic in a cave instead of her house?

Ans: Er… I wanted to ask Madhu. But she died.